Revenue Targets are the sales results that your team believes can be achieved in the Field of Play within a specific time frame-usually one to three years out from today. Revenue Targets have two related functions:
- They enable you to measure the success of the Focus Investments you are making-to "quantify the yield" of those critical and often expensive resource allocations.
- They provide a business case to convince members of your own organization-senior management and other who free up resources-that those investments are worth the company's efforts.
Fig. 46, Revenue Targets section, collapsed
To add a Revenue Target:
- 1. Click the Revenue Target Header in the bottom-right section of the Gold Sheet to expose the Add icon.
- 2. Click theAdd icon to open the Revenue Target dialog box.
Fig. 46a, Revenue Targets section, open
The following are descriptions of the fields in this dialog:
Description - the text description of the Revenue Target. Type directly into the text field.
Low - the lowest value of the Revenue Target. Type directly into the text field.
From - the date the Revenue Target begins. Use the calendar tool to save the date.
Realistic - the most realistic value of the Revenue Target. Type directly into the text field.
To - the date the Revenue Target ends. Use the calendar tool to save the date.
High - the highest value of the Revenue Target. Type directly into the text field.
Currency - the currency associated with the Revenue Target. Select the radio button corresponding to the currency of choice.
3. Complete the fields as desired.
4. When you have completed entering the desired data, click Done to save and close the section, or click the Add icon again to add another Revenue Target.
To delete a Revenue Target:
In the Gold Sheet, click the desired Revenue Target and click the Trash Can icon. A message box appears asking you to confirm the deletion.
Click Yes to delete or No/Cancel to cancel.
To edit an existing Revenue Target:
In the Revenue Targets section, click in the entry and edit the text inline. Click Done when you have completed your edits.
© 2016 Miller Heiman Group. All rights reserved.