The Action Plan contains additional actions that will support you in accomplishing your goal.
Fig. 62, Action Plan section
To add an Action Plan item:
1. Click the Add icon in the Action Plan section to open the section.
Fig. 62a, Action Plan section, open
The following are descriptions of the fields in this dialog:
Best Action - Options are: No, 30, 60, or 90 Days. Click on the radio button corresponding to the desired Best Action state.
Description - the text description of the Action. Type directly into the text field.
Source - where the information will come from. Type directly into the text field.
Contact - an Account contact who may have input on the Action. Use the Search tool to select a contact.
When - the date the Action was created. Use the calendar tool to select the desired date.
Assigned To - the person within your organization that will be responsible for the Action. Use the Search tool to select an assignee.
Completed - the date the Action was completed. Use the calendar tool to select the desired date.
Status - the status of the Action. The values of this field may vary according to your SAM installation. Select the radio button corresponding to the desired Status.
Type - the priority of the Action. The values of this field may vary according to your SAM installation. Select the radio button corresponding to the desired Type.
2. Type a description of the Action in the Description field.
3. To assign a Contact, click the Search icon in the Contact field and do one of the following:
- If the desired name appears in the list, select the name and proceed to step 6.
- If the desired name does not appear in the list, select the Search tab and proceed to step 4.
4. Type the desired search criteria in the First Name, Last Name, or Account field and click Go.
5. From the list of items that match the search criteria, select the desired contact to populate the contact field.
6. Complete the other fields as desired.
7. Choose whether or not the Action is a Best Action (any option other than No will indicate the Action is a Best Action).
8. When you have completed entering the desired data, click Done to save and close the section or click the Add icon to add another Action.
To delete an Action:
In the Action Plan section, click the desired Action and click the Trash can icon. A message box appears asking you to confirm the deletion.
Click Yes to delete or No/Canel to cancel.
To edit an existing Activity:
In the Action Plan section, click in the entry and edit the text inline. Click Done when you are completed.
© 2016 Miller Heiman Group. All rights reserved.