Focus Investments are the concentration of resources directly related to achieving one or more of your Goals and thus of improving your position within the Channel Partnership.
Fig. 59, Focus Investments
To add a Focus Investment to a Goal:
In the Goals section, click the Add icon to open the Goal section.
Fig. 59a, Goal section, open
2. Click on Add Focus Investment. A side panel will open to allow you to enter a Focus Investment:
Fig. 59b, Focus Investments section, open
The following are descriptions of the fields in the Focus Investments section:
Description - the text description of the Focus Investment. Type directly into the text field.
Contact - an Account contact who may have input on the Focus Investment. Use the Search tool to select your contact.
When - the date the Focus Investment item was created. Use the calendar tool to change the date as needed.
Assigned To - the person within your organization that will be responsible for the Focus Investment item. Use the SEarch tool to select the assignee.
Completed - the date the Focus Investment item was completed. Use the calendar tool to enter and save the date.
Status - the status of the Focus Investment item. The values of this field may vary according to your SAM installation. Select the radio button corresponding to the desired Status.
Type - the priority of the Focus Investment item. The values of this field may vary according to your SAM installation. Select the radio button corresponding to the desired Type.
3. Type a description of the Focus Investment in the Description field.
4. To assign a Contact, click the Search icon in the Contact field and do one of the following:
- If the desired name appears in the drop down list, select the name and proceed to step 7.
- If the desired name does not appear in the drop down list, select the Search tab and proceed to step 5.
- 5. Type the desired search criteria in the First Name, Last Name, or Account field and click Go.
- 6. From the list of items that match the search criteria, select the desired contact to populate the contact field.
- 7. Complete the other fields as desired.
- 8. When you have completed entering the desired data, click Done to save and close the dialog or click the Add icon to add another Focus Investment.
To add a Focus Investment without linking to a Goal:
In the Focus Investment section, click the Add icon to open the Focus Investment section. Follow steps 3-5 above to enter data in the section.
© 2016 Miller Heiman Group. All rights reserved.